Friday, March 31, 2006

Batter up, batter up

My roommate Sarah was just baking some brownies. She poured the batter into the pan and stuck it in the oven while the bowl, left with remnants of brownie batter, sat on the table. This was the moment I had been waiting for: I picked up the bowl, told Sarah, "I'll help you clean this" (you know, because I'm that kind of friend) and I licked that bowl clean.

Baking always begs the question (did I just use that phrase properly?): What makes batter so good? So good in fact that some choose to eat whole bowls of batter instead of baking them (yikes!) Though this is a very radical approach, it does illustrate how much people love batter. So tasty. So creamy. And oh, so forbidden.

Sometimes when my older sister bakes she doesn't let me lick the bowl. That's right- DOESN'T LET ME LICK THE BOWL! She's quite the fascist you know. She tells me how dangerous salmonella poisoning is...salmonella poisoning?! How can it be so wrong if it feels so right? To be quite honest, I've never heard of anyone getting salmonella poisoining from eating a little batter. And until you convince me otherwise, I will continue licking bowls, serving kitchens and you nationwide.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Not licking the bowl? That's like telling Adam not to eat the apple, and you know how that ended up.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home