Thursday, April 06, 2006

Losing my train of th...

2 papers due on Monday...one that's supposed to be 1500 words and another that's supposed to be 1000 words. The fact that there's a word count instead of a page range actually annoys me more than the fact that the papers are for the same class, but anyways...

As usual, I've retreated to the Mac side of the Angell Hall computer lab to try and get my papers done. And as usual, I am doing anything but. I've been here 45 minutes and this is where I stand at the moment:

Number of people's blogs checked: 7
Number of times checked the ESPN NBA scoreboard: 5
Number of times logged into Facebook: 0
Number of familiar faces: 2
Number of Google searches: 1
Number of online conversations: 2
Number of times spun around in chair: 2
Number of minutes people-watching: 23

All things considered, the chances of me getting a paper done before the weekend are looking pretty slim. BUT there's always the dream of getting a paper done before the weekend, and isn't that what it's all about? In the meantime, I will incessantly check my blog, eagerly awaiting your comments and more ways to procrastinate. Much thanks :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kacz said...

from someone also desperately trying to finish (so we can enjoy the merits of a certain, cough, relay, cough), i wish you the best of luck in the fishbowl.

often times if one stays all night, the people watching becomes even more intriguing, as some of the patrons turn into fishbowl zombies and sleep facedown on the keyboards.

but i digress, perhaps watching people and checking blogs is an integral aspect to the completion of the paper. you'll have to let me know.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Daphna said...

i'm not ashamed to admit that one night at 4am, after hours of paper writing, i pushed two chairs together in the effort to create a bed and wrapped myself up in my handy dandy blanket (read: jacket). i found it to be a wonderful alternative to the "keyboard as a pillow" technique. how's that for a power nap? as the say, in the AM hours of the fishbowl, anything goes!

best of luck to you too, though i doubt you'll need it :-)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Homer said...

anything goes in the AM hours of the fishbowl? Who are you?!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Daphna said...

shut up yons

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home